Open your mind, Open your life!

A journey into my personal battle with breast cancer.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Got My Squishy Boobs Today!!!!!!



I had my exchange surgery today for my permanent silicone implants and I think I'm pleased with the results. Still bandaged up along the front, but I can tell by the shape and size that I will love my new boobs. I appear to be back to my normal size ... roughly a 34C!

The day started very early with me having to be at South Miami Hospital by 7:30 am. My surgery finally got underway around 11:30 am. I was in recovery around 1:30 pm, and eventually made it home by 5:30 pm. I feel a little loopy still from the anesthesia, but no real pain to speak of. Just a little sore.

Dad and Joan, of course, were there with me all day. My new boyfriend, Leighton, was also in attendance which was a BIG, HUGE DEAL for me. I guess I've been so conditioned by my past relationships to be rather independent (which doesn't say very much about my choices, huh?), it seems so weird when someone I'm dating WANTS to actually be there for me. I told him a couple weeks ago that this would be an outpatient procedure, but he was nevertheless insistent that he would come, read a book, and wait with my family for me to come out of surgery. I almost had tears in my eyes when he said this and I thanked him for being so sweet. He seemed so puzzled by my response, stating, "Babe, where else would I be that day?" This is the first time in a very, very long time that I have felt so completely loved and supported by the man in my life. This is also part of the reason I have not been posting on my blog as of late. (smile)

I feel so happy to have a renewed sense of normalcy in my life now ... new boobs and new love! YIPPEEE!!!

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on EVERYTHING!

KD

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Rich Fitzgerald said...

Hey Camille,
If you still get email from this site, hit me up. It's your fellow UF Alumni and former Army Reservist Richard

I hope all is well with you these days.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger mayucah said...

I've been looking at your website for the first time. Thank you for all the info. I'm also a breast cancer survivor. I was diagnosed last year on July. Had bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction. My surgeon was Christina Lopez-penalver because at that time Dr. D. didn't take my insurance. My reconst. surgeon was Marshall and I love her. I went this year to see dr. D. and I think I want to stay with him as my surgeon. My oncologist is Grace Wang. Who is yours? How do you like him or her?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home