Open your mind, Open your life!

A journey into my personal battle with breast cancer.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

the final word on nutrition

I've been steadily gaining weight since I started these weekly Taxol treatments ... 15 lbs. since the beginning of February ... all thanks to the steroids given to me weekly with my chemo cocktail. The pounds will shed, I'm told, as soon as I'm done with this treatment regimen. This week I'll have eight rounds completed with four more to go. In the meantime, I've completely given up on counting calories and watching carbs. Fortunately, I'm eating a whole lot more fruits and vegetables ... unfortunately, I'm just eating a whole lot more of everything else too. I am ALWAYS HUNGRY.

So for those of you who watch what you eat, here's what I believe is the final word on nutrition and health. It's a real relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink whatever you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home